Curried chicken burgers
- Ready in: 13 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: advanced
- kcal: 2 Sins on Original; 8 Sins on Green
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 85 g/3 oz very low fat natural yogurt
- 4 level tablespoons mango chutney (8 Sins)
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 454 g/1 lb boned, skinned chicken (or turkey) breast (24 Sins on Green)
- Fry Light for spraying
1. Put the mustard seeds in a small pan over a low heat and shake gently for 2-3 minutes, until the seeds begin to pop and release their aroma. Transfer the seeds to a large bowl.
2. Add the yogurt, mango chutney, curry powder, cayenne pepper, spring onions and seasoning, and mix well together.
3. Process the chicken or turkey in a blender or food processor and stir into the yogurt mixture.
4. Shape the mixture into 4 thick round patties and chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
5. Spray the burgers on both sides with Fry Light and cook on a barbecue or under a preheated grill for about 5 minutes each side, until they are thoroughly cooked right through to the middle. This is very important with chicken or turkey so do check that they are properly cooked before serving the burgers.
Tip: Use chicken or turkey as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.