- Ready in: 2-5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 6 Sins on Original and Green
- 4 x 57 g/2 oz slices wholemeal bread (24 Sins)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 ripe tomato, skinned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the grilled pepper topping:
- 1 red pepper, grilled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, grilled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- For the cheese and pear topping:
- small bunch rocket or watercress
- 170 g/6 oz very low fat natural cottage cheese
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- paprika, for dusting
1. Toast the wholemeal bread on both sides, until just brown. Rub one side of each slice with a cut garlic clove to impregnate the bread with the flavour and aroma of the garlic.
2. Cur the tomato in half and rub all over the garlic side of the toast, squeezing the juices out over the bread.
3. Now select one of the suggested toppings below and proceed as directed. Season the topped bruschetta with salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled pepper topping
Pile the slices of grilled peppers on to the bruschetta toasts and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Cheese and pear topping
Cover the bruschetta toasts with rocket or watercress, then top with cottage cheese. Arrange the pear slices on top and dust with paprika.
Tip: Use wholemeal bread as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.