Wholemeal bread pudding
* 575ml (1 pint) milk
* 2 eggs, size 3
* 25g (1 oz) brown sugar
* 4 large slices brown bread, spread with
* Stork margarine
* 75g (3 oz) chopped dates
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) demera sugar
* Grated nutmeg
OVEN: Pre-heat to slow (150°C, 300°F Gas No. 2)
1. Heat the milk to just below boiling point
2. Beat eggs and sugar together, add ho milk, stirring all the time.
3. Cut bread into triangles and place in a greased pie dish, with the dates.
4. Strain over custard and sprinkle with demerara sugar and grated nutmeg.
5. Stand in another dish containing wate and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 mins - 1 hour until set and lightly browned.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins