* 125g (4 oz) Stork margarine
* 150ml (1/4 pint) evaporated milk
* 450g(1 lb) granulated sugar
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla essence
* Pinch cream of tartar
* 25g (1 oz) walnuts, chopped
1. Grease an 18cm (7 inch) square tin.
2 Place all ingredients in a thick bottomed saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
3. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly (about 10 minutes) until the mixture reaches 115°C (240°F) or until a little of the mixture dropped into a cup of cold water forms a soft ball.
4. Remove from heat and beat until thick (3-4 minutes). Pour into prepared tin and leave to cool, dividing into squares when nearly set.
Makes about 49 squares of Fudge.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins