* 1 oz (25g) butter
* 1 lb (450g) onions, sliced
* 1 large potato, peeled and evenly diced
* 4 oz (100g) carrots, sliced
* 4 oz (100g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
* 4 oz (100g) spinach, torn into small pieces
* 1 1/2 pints (900ml) good stock
* freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the butter in a large microproof bowl and heat on full power for 1 minute. Add the onions and cook on full power for a further 3 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, stock and seasoning. Cover with a lid or pierced clear film and cook on full power for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Blend in a processor or blender until smooth. Taste to check the seasoning.
2. Return the soup to the bowl, thin down with a little extra stock, if liked. Reheat until piping hot to serve. This will take about 8 minutes on full power if reheating from cold, less if the soup is still a little warm.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 32 minutes