Vegetable Puree (Courgettes or Cauliflower or Broccoli)
* 250 g (8 oz) courgettes
* 250 g (8 oz) small cauliflower
* 250 g (8 oz) broccoli florets
From 5-6 months
1. Wash, trim and slice 250 g (8 oz) courgettes. Place in a steamer and cook until tender (10 to 12 minutes). Alternatively, place in a pan with a little boiling water. Cover and simmer gently until tender (6 to 8 minutes).
2. To microwave, place the slices of courgette in a microwaveable dish, add 1 tablespoon of water. Cover with microwave film, pierce the film and microwave on high until tender (about 6 minutes). Stir halfway through. Let stand for 3 minutes before turning into a puree.
Cauliflower or broccoli
1. Place 250 g (8 oz) small cauliflower or broccoli florets in a steamer and cook until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain and blend to a puree with a little of the boiled water from the steamer. Alternatively, add just enough boiling water to cover the vegetables, then cover and simmer until tender (about 10 minutes).
2. To microwave, place the florets in a microwaveable dish, sprinkle over 2 tablespoons of water and cover with microwave film. Pierce the film and microwave on high until tender (about 6 minutes), stirring halfway through. Let stand for 4 minutes then puree with a little of your baby's usual milk or boiled water to make a smooth puree. Broccoli has quite a strong taste and is best mixed with potato, sweet potato, pumpkin or swede.
Serves: 8 portions