Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb
* 4lb (1.75kg) leg of lamb
* a little oil for cooking
* 4lb (1.8kg) potatoes, par-boiled
* 3 tablespoons sweet mint jelly
* freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 400F (200C) gas mark 6. Put a roasting tin with a little oil in the bottom into the oven to heat through.
2. Lift the leg of lamb into a roasting bag and secure the end loosely with a nylon tie. Cook in the microwave on full power for 35 minutes, turning the joint once during cooking.
3. Spoon the potatoes into the roasting tin and turn them in the hot fat. Return them to the oven whilst the lamb is in the microwave. Lift the joint out of the roasting bag and into the roasting tin with the potatoes. Heat the mint jelly in a bowl for 1 minute on full power until melted and brush over the joint. Sprinkle with seasoning and cook in the usual oven for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and the outside of the joint is crisp. (Meanwhile, the other vegetables can be cooking in the microwave.)
Power Level: Full
Total Cooking Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Serves: about 8