Stork swiss roll
* 50g (2 oz) Stork margarine
* 125g (4 oz) castor sugar
* 2 eggs, size 2 or 3
* 125g (4 oz) self-raising flour
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) jam, warmed
OVEN: Pre-heat to fairly hot (200°C, 400°F, Gas No. 6)
1. Prepare a swiss roll tin 28 x 18cm (11x7 inch).
2. Using the All-in-One or Creaming Method, make the Swiss Roll mixture.
3. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. While it is baking, place a sheet of greaseproof paper 2.5cm (1 inch) larger all round than the swiss roll tin on a damp tea-towel and dredge with castor sugar. Warm jam.
6. When the Swiss Roll is baked, remove from oven and turn out at once upside down on the sugared paper. Carefully strip off the paper lining.
7. Cut a 0.5cm (1/4 inch) strip from all edges of the roll.
8. Quickly spread the jam over to about 0.5cm (1/4 inch) from the edges.
9. Fold over and away from you, about 1 cm (1/2 inch) of the roll nearest you.
10. Hold the folded portion with one hand and bring the sugared paper over it. Roll the Swiss Roll away from you, using sugared paper as a guide.
11. When completely rolled up, hold in position for a few moments still covered with paper. Wrap damp tea towel round outside and place on a wire tray until cake is cool.
12. When cool remove tea towel and paper and sprinkle Swiss Roll with castor sugar.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 10-12 mins
Freezing note: Open freeze on a plate then wrap in cling wrap and foil. Unwrap before thawing.