Stir_fried garlic mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 15 g (1/2 oz) butter
* 250 g (8 oz) mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake and chestnut, rinsed, trimmed and thickly sliced
* 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
* 125 g (4 oz) oyster mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and thickly sliced
* 2-3 tablespoons dry sherry or vermouth
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot. Add the olive oil and butter and heat over a moderate heat until foaming. Add the shiitake and chestnut mushrooms, garlic, salt and plenty of pepper. Increase the heat to high and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the oyster mushrooms, sprinkle over the sherry or vermouth and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve at once.