Steaks with Apricot Toppers
* 40 g (1 1/2 oz) savoury butter with herbs and garlic
* 4 sirloin steaks, about 125 g (4 oz) each
* 8 canned apricot halves and 2 tablespoons apricot syrup from the can
1. Cut the block of savoury butter into 8 pieces. Brush the sirloin steaks with the apricot syrup and arrange them in a foil grill tray.
2. Cook the steaks over hot coals on a preheated barbecue for about 4 minutes, then turn them over.
3. If necessary, cut a sliver from the rounded side of each apricot half so that it will stand firmly with the hollow upwards. Position 2 apricot 'cups' on each steak and put a piece of savoury butter in each hollow.
4. Cook for a further 4 minutes, or until the steak is done to your taste and the savoury butter in the apricot cup begins to melt. Serve at once with crusty bread and a salad.