* 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 cm (1/2 in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
* 250 g (8 oz) spinach, roughly chopped
* 250g (8oz) white cabbage, shredded
* 315 ml (10 fl oz / 1 1/4cups) chicken stock
* 3 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
* 125g (4oz) fine egg noodles
1. In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add spinach and cabbage. Cook, stirring, until they are bright green and almost tender. Stir in stock, soy sauce and chilli sauce.
3. Stir in noodles and simmer for a few minutes until tender. Serve as an accompaniment.