Spiced Lamb Kebabs
* 750 g (1 1/2 lb) lamb fillet
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 150 ml (1/4 pint) olive oil
* 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 teaspoons turmeric
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 bay leaves, crumbled
* 2 limes, cut into thin wedges
* salt and pepper
* hot pitta bread, to serve
1. Trim off any fat or sinew from the lamb and cut the meat into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes. Put the cubed meat into a shallow dish.
2. Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil, crushed coriander seeds, garlic, turmeric, ginger, cumin, crumbled bay leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this marinade over the lamb and stir well.
3. Cover the meat and chill in the refrigerator for about 12 hours, turning the cubes in the marinade once or twice.
4. Remove the lamb and then drain, reserving the marinade. Thread the cubes of lamb on to 4 long kebab skewers, threading wedges of lime in between some of the cubes. Brush each kebab with some of the marinade.
5. Cook the kebabs on an oiled grid over the hot coals on a preheated barbecue for 5-8 minutes, turning frequently until the meat is cooked. Serve the kebabs with some hot pitta bread and some salad.