* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
* 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
* 1 stick celery, chopped (optional)
* 50g (2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
* 350g (12 oz) fresh minced beef
* Salt and pepper
* 1 x 396g (14 oz) can tomatoes
* Pinch mixed herbs
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
* 3 x 15ml spoons (3 tablespoons) stock
* 25g (1 oz) plain flour, blended with
* 3 x 15ml spoons (3 tablespoons) water
* 225g (8 oz) spaghetti
* Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place all ingredients except blended flour, spaghetti and cheese into a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon. Cover and simmer gently for 1-1 1/4 hours.
3. Remove from heat, stir in blended flour and water, return to heat, bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in lightly-salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes, drain and rinse.
4. Arrange spaghetti round edge of a deep dish, pour meat sauce in middle and sprinkle on grated cheese.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 15 mins
Freezing note: If meat sauce is to be frozen, reduce cooking time by 20 minutes and freeze in rigid container.