Sole Bonne Femme
* 4 shallots or
* 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
* 4oz (100g) button mushrooms, sliced
* 2oz (50g) butter
* 4 lemon
* sole fillets, each about 802 (225g) in weight
* 4 tablespoons white wine
* 1/4 pt (150ml) fish or chicken stock
* 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1oz (25g) beurre manie
* freshly ground black pepper
* lemon slices and chopped parsley to garnish
1. Put the shallots or onion into a microproof bowl with the mushrooms and butter. Cover with pierced clear film and cook on full power for 3 minutes. Stir, then spread in an even layer in the bottom of a shallow microproof dish. Roll up the fillets, head to tail, and arrange evenly over the mushroom mixture. Set aside.
2. Put wine, stock and lemon juice into a jug with the parsley and heat on full power until almost boiling- about 3 minutes. Pour over fish, cover with pierced clear film and cook on full power for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer fish to a heated serving dish and spoon round the mushroom mixture with a slotted spoon, reserving a few cooked mushroom slices for garnish. Strain the cooking juices into a jug, whisk in the beurre manie until smooth and thickened, then season well. Reheat for 1 to 2 minutes until bubbling, whisk well and pour over fish.
4. Decorate with cooked mushroom slices, chopped parsley and lemon twists. Serve with green beans and baby carrots.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: About 12 Minutes