Smoked salmon roulade
* 3 sheets lasagne
* 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
* 3 spring onions, very finely chopped
* 3 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
* salt and pepper
* 1 avocado
* juice of 1/2 a lemon
* 90 g (3 oz) smoked salmon
* 60 ml (2 fl oz l 1/4 cup) mayonnaise
* 60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) creme fraiche
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
* lemon slice and sprig of dill, to garnish
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just tender. Drain, rinse in cold water, then pat dry.
2. In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch watercress for 10 seconds. Drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water. Squeeze gently in a cloth to dry, then chop finely.
3. In a bowl, mix together watercress, spring onions, olive oil, horseradish sauce, salt and pepper. Peel, halve and stone avocado. Cut into slices lengthwise. Toss in lemon juice.
4. Spread a little watercress mixture over each sheet of lasagne. Lay a slice of smoked salmon on each sheet. Arrange slices of avocado in a line down the length of the middle of each sheet.
5. Starting with a long side of pasta, roll up Swiss roll fashion. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours. In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, creme fraiche and dill weed, salt and pepper. Add a little milk, if necessary, to make a pouring consistency. Cut each roll diagonally into slices 2 cm / 3/4 in wide. Garnish with lemon slice and sprig of dill and serve with dill sauce.
Serves 4-6: as a first course