* 4oz (100g) self raising flour
* 1oz (25g) margarine
* 1/2 oz (15g) caster sugar
* 1oz (25g) dried mixed fruit generous
* 1/8 pint (65ml) milk
* a little beaten egg to glaze
1. Measure the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine. Stir in the sugar, fruit and milk and mix to a soft dough. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead lightly. Roll out to 1/4 inch (5mm) thickness and cut into rounds with a 2 inch (5cm) fluted cutter.
2. Arrange the scones in a circle on a sheet of greaseproof paper, glaze with a little beaten egg and cook on medium power for 4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with butter and jam.
Power Level: Medium
Cooking Time: 4 Minutes
Makes: about 8
Make as above, but substitute 2oz (50g) grated Cheddar cheese and a little seasoning instead of the fruit and sugar. Serve warm with butter.