Red Snapper with Almond Paste
* 6 red snapper, total weight about 1.75 kg (3 1/2 lb), scaled and cleaned
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 250 g (8 oz) almonds, toasted and ground
* 125 g (4 oz) caster sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons orange flower water
* 7 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon powdered saffron
* salt and pepper
* sliced pickled lemons, to serve
1. Sprinkle the inside of each cleaned red snapper with the lime juice and a little salt and pepper.
2. Mix the almonds with the sugar, cinnamon, orange flower water and 3-4 tablespoons of the olive oil to form a stiff paste. Using half of the paste, fill the cavity of each fish.
3. Put all the stuffed fish on a sheet of oiled foil, pulling up the edges slightly. Spread the remaining almond paste over the fish and sprinkle with the saffron. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and cover with a lid of foil, pinching the edges together well to seal.
4. Place the foil parcel on the oiled grill of a preheated barbecue and cook over the hot coals for 15-20 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Serve with slices of lemon pickle.