* 220 g (7 oz / 1 1/3 cups) coarse ground cornmeal
* 125 g (4 oz/1 cup) plain flour
* 1 heaped teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 220 ml (7 fl oz/1 cup) hand-hot water
1. Preheat oven to 220C (425F/Gas 7). Grease a 30 cm (12 in) pizza tin.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal and flour and season with salt and pepper. In a jug, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil and hand-hot water. Stir into the flour and mix with a fork to form a grainy paste.
3. Place in centre of tin and press to edges with the knuckles. Prick with a fork and brush with remaining oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden. Serve the bread warm with salad.