* 12 plums, pitted and halved
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons tapioca
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 2/3 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a 2 quart baking dish, stir together plums, 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. (Or 15 minutes in microwave.)
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
4. In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, 3 tablespoons sugar, milk and melted margarine to form a shortcake dough. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baked plum mixture. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.