Pineapple Upside _ Down Pudding
For the sponge:
* 3oz (75g) self raising flour
* 3oz (75g) soft margarine
* 3oz (75g) caster sugar
* 1 egg, beaten
* 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
* 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
For the topping:
* 2oz (50g) light soft brown sugar
* 8oz (227g) can pineapple rings, drained and juice reserved
* 2 glace cherries, halved
1. Lightly butter a 7-inch (17.5cm) round cake container and sprinkle with the soft brown sugar for the topping. Set aside. Place all the ingredients for the sponge in a bowl and lightly mix together until thoroughly blended.
2. Arrange 4 pineapple rings in the base of the cake container and put a halved cherry in the centre of each ring, cut side uppermost. Spread the sponge mixture over the pineapple and level out top. Cook on full power for 5 minutes. Leave to stand in the dish for about 5 minutes, then turn out, pineapple uppermost, and serve warm.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes