Pasta & ricotta
* 500g (1 lb) spinach, washed and trimmed
* 250g (8oz/2 cups) Ricotta cheese
* 60g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg yolk
* salt and pepper
* freshly grated nutmeg
* 3-egg quantity Pasta Dough
* 90g (3oz / 1/3 cup) butter
* 5 teaspoons chopped fresh mixed herbs
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. In a large saucepan, cook spinach in a small amount of water until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Squeeze spinach dry, then chop in a blender or food processor. Add Ricotta, Parmesan cheese and egg yolk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Process until fairly smooth. Rollout the pasta. Cut into 5 cm (2 in) squares. Put 1/2 teaspoon of filling in middle of each square. Fold in half to make a triangle; press edges to seal. Wrap long side of triangle around index finger; press ends together. Leave on a tea towel to dry, turning after 1 hour.
3. Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in herbs and lemon juice. Drain pasta and put into a warmed serving dish. Pour herb butter over and stir thoroughly. Serve at once.
Serves: 4 as a main course or 6 as a first course.
Variation: If you have left over Pasta Verde or Tomato Pasta, make a mixture of different coloured shapes. If preferred, cut pasta into 5 cm (2 in) circles instead of squares to make this dish.