* 375 g (12 oz) baby button mushrooms
* 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
* 3 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives
* 3 spring onions, sliced
* grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* parsley sprigs, to garnish
1. Put all the mushrooms into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Season lightly and turn with a spoon.
2. Cover closely and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving the mushrooms, garnished with parsley sprigs.