Mediterranean grilled vegetable sauce
* Fry light, for spraying
* 113 g/4 oz baby carrots, halved
* 8 ripe tomatoes, halved and deseeded
* 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
* 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
* 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
* salt and ground black pepper
* 1 orange pepper, deseeded
* 113 g/4 oz frozen pees and diced (4 Sins on Original)
* 2 courgettes, diced
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, to serve
* 1 aubergine, diced
1. Spray a cast iron ridged grill pan or the inside of a conventional grill pan which sits under an overhead grill with Fry Light.
2. Put all the prepared vegetables, garlic and herbs in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the cast iron pan over a medium heat or place the conventional grill pan under a preheated hot grill and cook until the vegetables start to look slightly charred and are tender and sweet.
Turn them occasionally during cooking.
4. Squeese the garlic cloves out of their skins and diseard the skins. Tip all the vegetables into a frying pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the tomatoes go pulpy.
5. Meanwhile, cook the frozen peas according to the packet instructions. Drain and add to the grilled vegetable sauce. Toss with hot pasta and serve scattered with chopped parsley.
Sins per serving of sauce: 1 Sin on Original; FREE on Green
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes