Leek & potato soup
* 25g (I oz) Stork margarine
* 4 leeks, trimmed, thoroughly washed and sliced
* 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 onion, peeled and sliced
* 1.1 litre (2pints) stock
* Salt and pepper
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) natural yogurt or single cream
1. Melt Stork in a saucepan and saute the vegetables for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
2. Add the stock and seasoning, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, .stirring 1 occasionally.
3. Liquidise or sieve. Return to a clean I saucepan, re-heat and check seasoning.
4. Just before serving stir in the yogurt or cream.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
1. Melt Stork in a large microwave-proof bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add I leeks, potatoes, and onion, cover with ding film, pulling back one corner to vent Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
2. Add the stock and seasoning and microwave on HIGH for 8-10 minutes.
3. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Then puree in a blender until smooth.
Taste for seasoning. Reheat the soup on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.