Lamb and Feta Kebabs
* 1 kg (2 lb) lean lamb, cut into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) cubes
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
* 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
* 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
* salt and pepper
* 125 g (4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
* 4 bay leaves, crumbled (optional)
* pitta bread
1. Trim any fat or sinew from the lamb cubes and put them into a shallow dish. Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, chopped herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon this marinade evenly over the lamb. Cover the dish and then chill In the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
2. Remove the lamb cubes and then drain, reserving the marinade. Thread the lamb cubes on to 4 long kebab skewers and brush with some of the marinade.
3. Cook the kebabs over hot coals on the oiled grid of a preheated barbecue for about 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle the kebabs with the crumbled feta cheese and the crumbled bay leaves, if using. Serve immediately with pitta bread and a salad or vegetable dish.