Lamb and apricot pie
* Shortcrust Pastry, made with 250g (8 oz) flour etc.
* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 675g (1 1/2 lb) loin of lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat
* 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and sliced
* 25g(1 oz) flour
* 275ml (1/2 pint) stock
* 50g (2 oz) dried apricots, soaked overnight, drained and chopped
* 25g (1 oz) seedless raisins
* Pinch mixed spice
* Salt and pepper
* Beaten egg or milk, to glaze
OVEN: Pre-heat to fairly not (200°C, 400°F, Gas No. 6)
SHELF: Second from top
1. Have ready a medium-sized 850ml (1 1/2 pint) pie dish.
2. Make pastry.
3. Heat Stork in large frying pan. Add lamb chops and fry on each side for 5-6 minutes, until well browned. Remove onto a plate.
4. Add onion and fry gently for 7-10 minutes until soft Layer in pie dish with chops.
5. Add flour to pan and stir over a low heat until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in stock and remaining filling ingredients. Return to heat, bring to the boil and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Pour over chops and onion.
To cover pie: Follow instructions for making Steak and Kidney Pie.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, reduce heat to (180°C, 350°F, Gas No. 4) and cook for further 40-45 minutes.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 10-20 mins
Freezing note: Freeze before glazing and baking.