* 175 g (6 oz) finely ground couscous
* 1 small onion, grated
* 250 g (8 oz) minced lamb
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Place the couscous in a large bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Drain well, pressing out as much moisture as possible.
2. Place the onion in a bowl with the lamb, salt and spices. Knead together, and then knead in the couscous. Knead for about 10 minutes until the mixture forms a soft dough; this will ensure that it will not be coarse when cooked.
3. Using damp hands, divide the mixture into 8 portions and roll between the palms of your hands to give long, oval, cigar-shaped sausages. Place a metal skewer on each one and then mould the lamb mixture tightly around it.
4. Grill the kebabs over hot coals on a preheated barbecue, turning them frequently, for about 10 minutes. Serve hot with a crisp salad and natural yogurt.