Italian Tuna Sauce with Pasta
* 8oz (225g) pasta shells
* 1 1/2 oz (40g) butter
* 4oz (100g) button mushrooms, sliced
* 1 1/2 oz (40g) flour
* 1 pint (600ml) milk
* freshly ground black pepper
* 2 x 7 oz (198g) cans tuna fish, drained
* 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
* 4oz (100g) well-flavoured Cheddar cheese, grated
* a little freshly chopped parsley, to serve
1. Cook the pasta shells in a large pan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and rinse well.
2. For the sauce, measure the butter into a microproof bowl and heat on full power
for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and cook on full power for 1 minute, then stir in the flour and gradually blend in the milk. Heat on full pover for 6 minutes, stirring once during cooking and again at the end of the cooking time to give a thickened sauce. Stir in the seasoning, tuna, eggs and cooked pasta shells and toss lightly until evenly coated with sauce.
3. Turn into a flameproof serving dish, sprinkle with cheese and heat on full power for 10 minutes until heated through, then brown under a hot grill until the cheese is golden. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot with a tomato salad.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 18 Minutes