* 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 onion, sliced
* 2 sticks celery, sliced
* 6 frankfurters, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) lengths
* 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
* 185 g (6 oz/3 cups) pasta wheels
* 2 teaspoons cornflour
* 155 ml (5 fl oz / 2/3 cup) thick sour cream
* 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
* salt and pepper
* sprigs of parsley and thick sour cream, to serve, if desired
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add onion, celery and frankfurters. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and celery are soft. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 220C (425F/Gas 7). Meanwhile, in a large pan of boiling salted water, cook pasta.
3. In a bowl, blend cornflour and a little sour cream. Stir in remaining cream. Add to vegetables in frying pan with tomato puree (paste). Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta wheels and stir into vegetable mixture. Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve at once, garnished with sprigs of parsley and sour cream, if desired.