Fish & pasta pie
* 375 g (12 oz) smoked haddock
* 375 g (12 oz) fresh haddock
* 440 ml (14 fl oz / 1 3/4 cups) milk
* 185 g (6 oz / 1 1/4 cups) macaroni
* 30 g (1 oz/6 teaspoons) butter
* 30 g (1 oz / 1/4 cup) plain flour
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
* 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
* salt and pepper
* 250 ml (8 fl oz/1 cup) Greek strained yogurt
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 90 g (3 oz / 3/4 cup) grated Cheddar cheese
* lemon slices and sprigs of parsley, to garnish
1. Put fresh and smoked haddock in a saucepan with milk and 315 ml (10 fl oz / 1 1/4 cups) water. Poach fish for 5-10 minutes until flesh flakes when tested with a fork.
2. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook macaroni until tender.
3. Preheat oven to 190C (375F/Gas 5). In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring over gentle heat. Remove from heat and stir in 315 ml (10 fl oz / 1 1/4 cups) of cooking liquid. Return to heat and stir until thick and smooth. Add lemon juice, hard-boiled eggs, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into an ovenproof dish.
4. In a bowl, mix together yogurt and beaten eggs. Stir in macaroni and 60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) cheese. Pour over fish mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve, garnished with lemon slices and sprigs of parsley.