Diced chicken in lettuce with plum sauce
* 1 tbsp flour
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp mild curry powder
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 large chicken breast, diced
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
* 50 g (2 oz) carrots, finely diced
* 50 g (2 oz) courgettes (zucchini) finely diced
* 4 tbsp chicken stock
* Iceberg or soft round lettuce
* 4 tbsp plum jam
* 1 tbsp soy sause
* 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
* 2 tsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
1. Mix together the flour, ginger, curry powder and salt and pepper and then stir in the diced chicken to coat with the spices. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further minute, then stir in the chicken and try for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the courgettes and cook for 1 minute. Then stir in the chicken syock and cook until thickened (about 2 minutes).
2. To make the plum sauce, place all of the ingredients in a small pan over a low heat. Stir until the jam has melted. Strain through a sieve and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Spoon the chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and top with a little plum sauce. Wrap up to form small parcels.
Serves: 5 portions