Country beef pasties
* Shortcrust Pastry, made with 350g (12 oz) flour etc
* 225g (8 oz) minced beef
* 50g (2 oz) frozen peas
* 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and diced
* 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
* 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) stock
* Salt and pepper
* Beaten egg, or milk, to glaze
OVEN: Pre-heat to fairly hot (200°C, 400°F. Gas No. 6)
SHELF: Second from top
1. Have ready a large baking sheet.
2. Make pastry.
3. Place all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well together.
4. Divide pastry into four and roll out into four 15cm (6 inch) rounds using a plain cutter or plate.
5. Place a quarter of the filling into the centre of each round and brush edges of pastry with water.
6. Bring edges up together and over the filling and press gently together all round to seal.
7. Flake and flute edges. Place pasties on baking sheet
8. Brush with beaten egg or milk.
9. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 30-35 mins
Freezing note: Freeze before glazing and baking.