Chicken noodle soup
* 1 chicken breast
* 1.3 litres (2 pints) chicken stock
* 100 g (4 oz) egg noodles
* 75 g (3 oz) frozen or canned sweetcorn
* 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
* 1 tbsp honey
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Slice the chicken breast in half to make two thin fillets. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
2. Bring the stock to the boil, then reduce the heat and poach the chicken for about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and allow to cool down slightly. Then shred the chicken very finely.
3. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Stir the sweetcorn, spring onions and reserved marinade into the stock. Bring to the boil, then add the shredded chicken and noodles and heat through.
Serves: 6 portions