Chicken and tomato filling:
* 1 onion, peeled and chopped
* 1 small clove garlic, crushed
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 40 g (1 1/2 oz) mushrooms, chopped
* 1/2 tsp dried herbs (Dried Mixed Herbs)
* 225g (8 oz) minced chicken
* 1/2 x 400 g (14 OZ) can chopped tomatoes
* 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
* 25 g (1 oz) butter
* 25 g (1 oz) flour
* 1/2 tsp paprika
* 400 ml (14 fl oz) full-fat milk
* 100 g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes in the oil. Then add the mushrooms, herbs and chicken and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and ketchup and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter and stir to the flour and paprika and cook for 1minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring until thickened. Stir in 50 g (2 oz) of the grated Cheddar cheese.
3. Pre-heat an oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Stuff the cannelloni with the chicken filling and arrange them in a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Serves: 4 portions