Chicken and broccoli salad
* 2 chicken breasts
* 300 ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
* 200 g (7 oz) broccoli florets
* 150 g (5 oz) cooked frozen or canned sweetcorn
* 2 tbsp sesame seeds
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp runny honey
* 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* freshly ground black pepper
1. Poach the chicken in boiling chicken stock until cooked through (about 8 minutes). Leave to cool in the stock if you have time. Blanch the broccoli in boiling, lightly salted water until just tender (about 2 minutes).
2. Toast the sesame seeds by heating a small frying pan and dry-frying them for a couple of minutes until lightly golden, stirring constantly to make sure that they do not burn. To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, honey, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and then mix together with the broccoli and sweetcorn and toss with the dressing and toasted sesame seeds.
Serves: 6 portions