* 1 quantity short-time enriched dough
* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine, melted
* 40g (1 1/2 oz) castor sugar, mixed with
* 75g (3 oz) currants and
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) mixed spice
* 3 x 15ml spoons (3 tablespoons) castor sugar
* 3 x 15ml spoons (3 tablespoons) hot water
OVEN: Pre-heat to hot(220°C, 425°F, Gas No. 7) SHELF: Middle
1. Make dough.
2. Roll to a rectangle 30 x 23cm (12 x 9 inches).
3. Brush with the melted Stork.
4. Sprinkle over the sugar mixture. Roll up lengthwise like a Swiss roll and cut into 8 pieces.
5. Lay the slices cut sides uppermost in a greased 20cm (8 inch) cake tin.
6. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for 15-20 minutes.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. 8 To make the glaze, dissolve sugar in the water and brush over the buns as soon as they come out of the oven.
Makes: 8 buns. .
Preparation time: 30 mins (excluding rising and proving)
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Freezing note: Freeze unglazed. Glaze after thawing and reheating.