* 75g (3 oz) Stork margarine
* 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) baking powder
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) dry mustard
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) salt
* 1/2 x 2.5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) pepper
* 1 egg, size 3
* 75g (3 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
* 8 x 15ml spoons (8 tablespoons) milk
OVEN: Pre-heatto moderately hot (190°C, 375°F,GasNo.5)
1. Grease and bottom line a 450g (1 lb) loaf tin.
2. Sieve dry ingredients together.
3. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed (2-3 minutes).
4. Place mixture in prepared tin, smooth over top. 5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes. 6. Remove from oven, leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.
7. When cold, serve sliced and spread with Stork. NB: If wished, use half wholemeal, half white flour.
Makes: 1 x 450g (1 lb) loaf
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40-45 mins
Freezing note: Wrap the loaf in foil.