* 6 large ripe bananas, unpeeled
* 175 ml (6 fl oz) whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons strong coffee
* 50 g (2 oz) icing sugar
* 2 tablespoons dark rum
1. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then add the coffee and beat again. Fold in the icing sugar, then the rum and put in a small bowl and chill in the refrigerator until required.
2. Put the unpeeled bananas on the oiled grid of a preheated barbecue and cook for 10-15 minutes until they are blackened on the outside and feel very soft.
3. Arrange the bananas on serving plates, make a 2.5 cm (1 inch) slit in each one, then let people peel and dip them into the Chantilly cream.