* 150ml (1/4 pint) unsweetened fruit juice or diluted fruit juice
* 2 x 5ml spoons (2 teaspoons) arrowroot
* 25g (1 oz) sugar
1. Place fruit juice, arrowroot and sugar, if used, in a small saucepan. (Add sugar only if unsweetened juice is used).
2. Stirring continuously over a moderate heat, bring to the boil, cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
3. Remove from heat, allow bubbles to subside. Cool slightly and pour over flan filling.
4. Leave until glaze is set and cold before decorating and serving the flan.