Apricot and nut _ stuffed Fruit Bread
* 250 g (8 oz) dried apricots
* 200 g (7 oz) stem ginger, chopped
* 50 g (2 oz) unsalted butter
* 25 g (1 oz) flaked almonds
* 2 fruit loaves
1. Place the apricots, ginger and butter in a food processor or blender and process until the mixture is almost smooth. Stir in the almonds.
2. Slice the loaves at 2 cm (3/4 inch) intervals, cutting about three-quarters of the way through each time. Spread the apricot mixture between the slices of bread. Wrap the loaves individually in foil with the shiny side inwards. Seal to make airtight parcels.
3. Cook over the hot coals on a preheated barbecue for about 20 minutes, turning the foil parcels occasionally. Unwrap and serve sliced with fruit salad.