Spicy Indonesian chicken kebabs
- Ready in: 15 minutes, plus marinating time
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: advanced
- kcal: 1/2 Sin on Original; 2 1/2 Sins on Green
- 454 g/1 lb boned, skinned chicken breasts (24 Sins on Green)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 level tablespoon ground сoriander
- 1 level tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 57 ml/2 fl oz canned coconut milk (5 Sins)
- lime or lemon wedges, to serve
1. Put the chicken breasts within 2 sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until quite thin. Cut each breast into 3 strips, about 2.5 cm/1 in wide. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
2. Mix the salt, garlic, spices and coconut milk to a paste and pour over the chicken. Stir well to coat the chicken evenly and leave to marinate in a cool place for about 1 hour.
3. Remove the chicken from the spicy marinade and thread each piece of chicken on to a thin bamboo skewer.
4. Cook under a preheated hot grill or on a barbecue over hot coals for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is slightly charred and golden on the outside, and thoroughly cooked inside. Turn the kebabs frequently during cooking.
5. Arrange the kebabs on a large serving plate and serve garnished with lime or lemon wedges.