Spiced Lamb Tart with Apricots
- Ready in: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g (8 oz) lean minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons peeled and chopped fresh root ginger
- 125 g (4 oz) no-soak dried apricots, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) Greek-style yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Brush each sheet of filo pastry with olive oil and arrange in layers, overlapping at different angles, in a 20 cm (8 inch) flan tin. Scrunch up the pastry around the edges.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the lamb and cook until coloured. Stir in the spices and apricots. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Beat together the egg and yogurt, season to taste and then stir into the meat mixture. Spoon the mixture into the pastry case.
Bake the tart in a preheated oven, 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5, for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling set. Serve hot.