Wild West burgers
- Ready in: 10-12 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: 1/2 Sin on Original; 10 1/2 Sins on Green
- 454 g/1 lb extra lean minced beef (40 Sins on Green)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 level teaspoons Dijon mustard (1 Sin)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Light, for spraying
1. Mix all the ingredients (except the Fry Light) together and shape into 4 round patties. If wished, you could add a little beaten egg to bind if the mixture is not firm.
2. Spray the burgers on both sides with Fry Light and cook over hot coals on a barbecue or under a hot grill until cooked right through — approximately 5-6 minutes each side.
Tip: Use extra lean minced beef as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.
You could add 1-2 finely chopped and deseeded fresh chillies, a dash of Tabasco or West Indian hot pepper sauce and some chopped fresh coriander to the extra lean minced beef, garlic and onion. Omit the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. The Sin counts per serving will be Free on the Original and 10 Sins on the Green Eating Plan. Serve with the Dazzling peach salsa on page 66 and some crisp salad.