Peppered Beef Pizza
- Ready in: 60 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1/2 x 275 g (9 oz) packet bread mix
- 500 g (1 lb) lean minced beef
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 125 g (4 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced into rings
- 250 g (8 oz) mozzareila cheese, thinly sliced
- 50 g (2 oz) can anchovy fillets, cut in half lengthways
- a few black olives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Make up the bread mix, according to the packet instructions but using half the quantity of water. Roll it out into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle and place this on a greased baking tray. Fold the edge back to form a neat rim, then leave the dough, covered with a piece of clingfilm, in a warm place while you prepare the topping.
Mix the minced beef with the garlic, onion and tomato puree, and then stir in the paprika and salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Uncover the pizza base and then spread the mince mixture on top, spreading it evenly and patting it into shape like a big hamburger. Arrange the mushrooms on top with the pepper rings. Cover with the mozzareila cheese and arrange the anchovies and olives in a lattice pattern on top. Sprinkle the anchovy oil over the pizza.
Bake the pizza in a preheated oven, 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7, for 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden and the base is cooked through. Serve piping hot, cut into large wedges.