* 125g (4 oz) Stork margarine
* 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour, sieved (or use half wholemeal flour and half white flour)
* Pinch of salt
* 4-5 x 15ml spoons (4-5 tablespoons) water
1. Rub Stork into flour and salt until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the water with the blade of a knife to form a moderately soft dough
2. Turn out on to a lightly-floured surface and form into a long roll.
3. Cut into 6-8 equal portions and with floured hands form each into a ball.
4. Add dumplings to soups, stews, etc., allowing plenty of liquid to cook them. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 20-30 minutes.
Makes: 6-8 dumplings
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins