* 15oz (425g) can apricot halves, drained and juice reserved
* 2oz (50g) butter
* 2oz (50g) caster sugar
* 2oz (50g) self raising flour
* 2oz (50g) ground almonds
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1oz (25g) toasted flaked almonds
For the sauce:
* 8oz (225g) apricot jam
1. Arrange the apricot halves in the bottom of a 2 pint( 1.2 litre) deep ceramic dish
or Pyrex souffle dish. Measure the butter, sugar, flour, ground almonds and egg into a bowl and beat well until thoroughly blended. Spoon over the apricots, level out top, sprinkle with almonds and cook on full power for 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 3 minutes.
2. Whilst the pudding is standing, prepare the sauce. Mix the jam with the juice reserved from the apricots in a microproof bowl. Cook on full power for 2 minutes; mix well and serve with the pudding.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 7 Minutes